Forum de FilmDeCulte

Le forum cinéma le plus méchant du net...
Nous sommes le 13 Mai 2024, 10:00

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure

Auteur Message
 Sujet du message: Mathisyahu
MessagePosté: 30 Mai 2006, 13:39 
Il vous dira quoi

gros coup de coeur du moment. du rap-reggae-rock excellent,chanté par un puuuuuuuuuuuure juif de NY. Mais sinon ses morceaux sont excellents, il a une pure voix et voilà quoi, on commence à en parler beaucoup, il vient de faire quelques timides dates en Europe. Suffit de voir la pochette:

Sujet du message:
MessagePosté: 30 Mai 2006, 14:15 
Poupée qui fait non

justement c'est le clip qui commence à me sortir par les yeux moi, je sais pas pour le reste de l'album mais le single me saoule

Sujet du message:
MessagePosté: 30 Mai 2006, 15:05 
Il vous dira quoi

Janet a écrit:
justement c'est le clip qui commence à me sortir par les yeux moi, je sais pas pour le reste de l'album mais le single me saoule

Ouais mais toi t'écoutes A-ha...comment ça je suis lourd? sérieux,j'ai pas vu le clip encore moi donc ça vaaaaaaaaa.shalom!

Sujet du message: Re: Mathisyahu
MessagePosté: 30 Mai 2006, 15:21 
Expert

Quand j'ai vu le clip la première fois je me suis demandé si c'etait un mec qui se déguisait. Sinon j'aime bien aussi le titre qui passe en ce moment.

MessagePosté: 30 Mai 2006, 15:25 
Il vous dira quoi

Mon Colonel a écrit:
Quand j'ai vu le clip la première fois je me suis demandé si c'etait un mec qui se déguisait. Sinon j'aime bien aussi le titre qui passe en ce moment.

ah non c'est un vrai,un pur quoi, qui a suivi l'enseignement rigoureux et tout.c'est pas du chichi ni un argument commercial quoi, c'est un ovni il chante un truc et fait un truc totalement hors de sa culture en fait.

MessagePosté: 30 Mai 2006, 16:18 
Expert

karateced a écrit:
ah non c'est un vrai,un pur quoi, qui a suivi l'enseignement rigoureux et tout.c'est pas du chichi ni un argument commercial quoi, c'est un ovni il chante un truc et fait un truc totalement hors de sa culture en fait.

le décallage est saisissant ouais.

MessagePosté: 31 Mai 2006, 18:45 
Poupée qui fait non

karateced a écrit:

j'ai lu hier qu'il était récemment converti, donc c'est pas un vrai de vrai !!
Et que ses paroles c'est à la gloire de dieu etc aussi

MessagePosté: 01 Juin 2006, 10:15 
Il vous dira quoi

Janet a écrit:
karateced a écrit:

j'ai lu hier qu'il était récemment converti, donc c'est pas un vrai de vrai !!
Et que ses paroles c'est à la gloire de dieu etc aussi

bein oui ce sont des paroles sur dieu, y'a pas de place pour le doute, des chansons qui parle de Zion,et de Jérusalem et tout ça...

Sinon,non c'est pas un vrai de vrai,mais il y croit à mort lol:

Born in West Chester, PA and raised in White Plains, NY, the young man formerly known as Matthew Miller would undertake a monumental odyssey before discovering his path - and voice - as Matisyahu (the Hebrew equivalent of "Matthew," and the name he became known by when he became observant). Via adventures in Colorado, Israel, Oregon, and New York City, he not only heard a profound spiritual calling, but also discerned a revolutionary way to share his discoveries and reflections, via the reggae and hip-hop sounds that had long been an integral part of his day-to-day soundtrack.

On Youth, Matisyahu explores his musical universe. Produced by legendary reggae and dub producer Bill Laswell, with additional production by Jimmy Douglass and Ill Factor. The character of the album's thirteen new songs span a wide gamut. From the stark acoustic guitar driven track "What I'm Fighting For" to the syncopated African rhythms of "Ancient Lullabye" to the bumping beats, burbling bass, and of "Jerusalem," YOUTH is definitely a creative step forward for the band, one they are excited to bring to their audiences.

"Lyrically, I wanted to expand on ideas that I touched upon on the first album, to get deeper into those things, to get to the essence," he adds of the aesthetic leap forward. "Members of the band wrote the music together, different people brought different things to the table, and everyone contributed creatively." Out of this confluence of intuitive musical interaction (honed via months of non-stop touring), and new ideas waiting to finally be given voice, the heightened dynamics of Youth sprang forth.

"When we made the Live At Stubb's album, we had been touring for over a year and a half, and we really wanted to capture the energy from our live show."

And, in turn, making that document allowed the band to turn their attentions more fully to writing and fine-tuning Youth. "After playing so many shows, we got to shift our focus, artistically, and go into the studio and do overdubs and really paint with all types of colors.

"Bill has an almost Zen-like approach," observes Matisyahu. "He doesn't make you go back and do things over and over again. He does, however, have a great sense, when you're all finished playing, whether that take is 'the one' or not. You get the sense that he really knows what he's doing, but at the same time, he leaves enough space for the creative process to happen."

Regardless of religious affiliation, most artists will tell you that the creative force is special type of divinity that moves through them.

Matisyahu simply seeks to serve as a conduit for the messages of peace and unity that flow through him, to improve the world the world by sharing his music, and without letting ego or worldly desires interfere in that communication. "That's what I'm aiming for," he admits. "I don't think I've fully gotten there, but that's the goal." And with Youth, he makes a quantum leap closer to attaining it.

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure